50 minutes – $110
The facial for those who want to completely zone out and experience a massage-based facial. In Ayurvedic tradition the facial is considered the most relaxing body treatment you can get. For healthy, glowing skin, the K.West Soothing Ayurvedic Facial is an ancient healing skin treatment customized by our licensed aestheticians to nourish your unique skin type. A 50-minute, gentle treatment, the Ayurvedic Facial is the tailored, holistic antidote that combats the toll that stress, diet, age, and the changing seasons can take on your skin.
What Is a K.West Soothing Ayurvedic Facial?
The K.West Soothing Ayurvedic Facial is just that – soothing and renewing and good for your skin and soul. The components of the facial are customized to your skin type and skin needs, but typically include the following:
- Gentle, natural alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) peel.
- Soothing Ayurvedic massage.
- Facial reflexology.
- Organic cold-pressed oils.
- Natural botanical skincare.
- Carefully selected aromatherapy.
- K.West Signature Mask.
- Foot, neck, shoulder, and head massage.
Understanding Your Dosha
Ayurvedic massage and facial reflexology are at the heart of the Ayurvedic K.West Facial, and the natural skincare used for your treatment is selected to balance your dosha.
Ayurveda is known for characterizing three doshas, or energy types. Most people predominantly embody one of these energy types, but humans are complicated. You may have overlapping characteristics that influence your skin’s constitution. To simplify these complex and detailed principles, here is how the doshas generally translate to the type of facial you will receive:
- Vata: If you are vata dosha (air and space), your skin is usually dry and thin, prone to chapped lips, dandruff, and flaky patches. Your complexion may be dull and your face shape is likely oblong.
- Pitta: If you are pitta dosha (fire and water), your skin is moderately thick and you are prone to oily skin and rashes. Your complexion is likely to be ruddy or rosy and your face angular.
- Kapha: If you are kapha dosha (water and earth), you are more likely to have moist, soft, and what is sometimes characterized as thick skin (literally, not figuratively). You may have a pale complexion and a rounded face.
Ultimately, your dosha can influence everything from the climate you prefer to your mood to the diseases you are more likely to develop. As your experienced and knowledgeable aestheticians, we will determine what your dosha is. This classification allows her to select the products that are best for your skin type so your Ayurvedic facial is successful and soothing.
The Benefits of an Ayurvedic Facial
While a K.West Ayurvedic Facial is ideal for nearly every skin type, the very best candidates are those who find their skin confusing, frustrating, and a poor representation of who they are and how they feel. Identifying your dosha creates a framework for your skincare from here on out. You will understand why your skin behaves the way it does, why it reacts positively or negatively to certain products, and, most importantly, what you need to do so your skin looks and feels amazing every day.
The benefits of an Ayurvedic Facial include just some of the following:
- Make dull skin glow.
- Restore of lost moisture.
- Tone and tighten.
- Remove toxins.
- Reduce sagging.
Because the Ayurvedic Facial is so specific to skin type, it retains the youth and vitality of your facial tissues – and that creates radiance, happiness, and beautiful skin.
Are You Ready to Identify Your Dosha?
Skincare is different for everyone. What works for one person may not work for another. Our aestheticians know and honor this truth. Your Ayurvedic Facial is designed to respect your specific skincare needs. Plus, the knowledge you will glean about yourself based on your physical characteristics and your skin type is fascinating.
Learn more about the K.West Soothing Ayurvedic Facial. Schedule your consultation at K.West in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Get the glowing skin you have always wanted.